Covid numbers continue to escalate in many parts of the province and country. While our local cases remain low, Tavistock Minor Hockey, The Tavistock Arena team, and our Public Health Unit are working proactively to keep everyone safe!
New Protocols have been communicated, and we are working to implement them was effectively as possible. We will definitely need help from student volunteers, parents, team staff or others that are interested in keeping hockey running in Tavistock.
"Read More" to see the updated protocols!
New Covid-19 Protocol for Tavistock Arena.
If you currently have ice time booked on our schedule, or may in the future, you must read all of the following.
You must then reply by email that you have done so and will follow all protocol.
Failure to do so WILL affect your rental. !!!!!
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
ICE TIME RENTAL PROTOCOL FOR ALL FACILITY RENTERS
- No Access to Arena more than 15 to 20 minutes before or you will be told to wait outside.
- Attendance and Covid-19 screening must be documented for every rental and submitted at the time of the Rental. Forms are available or bring your own pre printed form, check off those in attendance and screened before going on the ice.
- No Food or Drink can be brought in, or consumed in the Facility.
All ice time bookings must provide a phone number, plus we need to know what the ice is being used for, and approximately how many people!!
It is your responsibility to read full details below about Arena operations due to Covid-19.
FACILITY RENTERS / USERGROUPS MUST NOTIFY ALL PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR RENTAL OF THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOL!!!
- It will be the responsibility of the person renting the ice to screen all participants and not allow anyone that is feeling unwell to participate. They must also document attendance for every hr rented, and Submit paper copy to staff or under the office door at the time of rental. This includes all parents or guardians that may be in attendance with younger participants.
- Only one parent or Guardian can be in attendance to assist the on-ice participant if needed. Other family members and spectators are not allowed to be in attendance. Older participants should attend by them selves to minimize gathering of people in and around the facility.
- DO NOT ENTER THE FACILITY IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS.
- Participants should only arrive no more than 15 to 20 minutes before your rental. Dressing room is available when you arrive and for 15 minutes after you leave the ice. To allow for additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures. YOU MUST STAY IN THE DRESSING ROOM UNTIL ICE IS READY FOR YOU TO GO DIRECTLY ON!
- 15 to 20 participants Including Coaches is the max that should be on the ice at one time.
- Dressing rooms will be available to participants, Max of two dressing rooms per rental with no more than 10 participants, per room Including coaches. All Personnel property left behind or in rooms that have not been assigned, will be disposed of. Chairs are available for coaches if needed in the north east corner of the ice surface area. Skate guards may be necessary to access this area.
- Participants should come to the Arena with equipment on if possible.
- Common touch points in dressing rooms are cleaned and sanitized after each use. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED AGAINST ANY USE OF SHOWERS. Warm moist air will migrate out into the change room area.
- Effective July 30 face masks will be mandatory when inside any public facility. These will need to be provided by each individual!
- Properly fitted mask is to remain in place at all times, including and especially in the dressing room. Mask can be removed immediately before putting helmet on and going directly to the ice surface. Mask to go back on when helmet is removed.
- It is still recommended that coaches and instructors, always wear masks and mandatory when they are not socially distanced from players etc.
- All participants should have their own labelled water bottle. Sharing of water bottles is not permitted.
- Personal water bottles are only allow during on ice activity.
- No Food and Beverages are allowed to be brought in or consumed in the facility.
- Physical Distancing is to be maintain through out the facility. Participants need to enter through the right-hand front door and exit through the left hand front door. Follow arrows and direction from staff when moving in and out of the facility to dressing rooms.
- Lobby washrooms are available to parents and guardians, they are cleaned and sanitized twice per day as per Public Health.
- Players must stay in leagues or groups of 50 people or less.
- On ice activities should do there best to avoid or minimize any physical contact.
- Prolonged or planned physical contact is NOT allowed.
- Payment can only be made by cash or cheque before you go on the ice. We ask that if you have multiple bookings, you pay for them all at once to minimize contact with staff.
Everyone entering the facility will be doing so at their OWN RISK. People will need to identify their comfort level with entering public spaces given the current Covid-19 pandemic. Signage will be installed to notify persons entering the facility of our cleaning protocols etc. We are putting additional measure in place to assist with social distancing as you enter and exit. BUT IT WILL BE EVERYONES RESPONSUIBILTY TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN PERSONEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT, AND EXERCISE EFFECTIVE PERSONNEL HYGIENE ETC.